- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add graham crackers to the bowl of your food processor, and pulse until it resembles sand. Add sugar and salt, and pulse again. Pour in the butter, and pulse until the mixture is thoroughly moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Use a glass or measuring cup with a sharp bottom edge to ensure the mixture is evenly spread.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the crust is slightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 325°F and rinse out the food processor.
- Make the filling: Combine mascarpone and goat cheese and pulse until it looks like frosting. Add the sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest. Pulse until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each one.
- Pour filling over the crust and bake for 35-40 minutes, until set but jiggly in the middle. Remove from oven to cool for one hour.
- Chill overnight in the fridge. Serve covered with warmed fig preserves and lots of fragrant rosemary sprigs.
- Try it with other cookies, like Oreos, vanilla wafers, or gingersnaps
- I like the crust on the bottom, but you can always push the crust 2″ up the sides of the pan, for the back crust.